Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My Lost Summer Goes International

Jamaica Road Press is the publisher of My Lost Summer. Actually, the book is self-published. Well, the book didn’t publish itself; I self-published the book. (Hmm? I didn’t publish myself, so how can I have self published?) I made up the name Jamaica Road Press.

I grew up on Jamaica Road, Carlisle, Ohio, in the heart of the USA, and in fact, I think the bulk of my books will stay right there. On May 16 I am presenting my book at the Presbyterian Church–on Jamaica Road–in Carlisle, and the community is invited. It’s part of a fundraiser. To the cause, I’m giving $100 and 10% of profits from book sales I make that night. This Friday I’m presenting to the Franklin, Ohio Rotary Club. Franklin is the next town over from Carlisle.

The printer of my book is Lulu.com, and they keep track of my sales, which are updated monthly. Imagine my surprise when this morning I saw that two copies were sold last month to a warehouser in the UK. So My Lost Summer, published by Jamaica Road Press, written by a woman who was a girl growing up on a road of the same name, in Midwest USA, has gone international. Who would have thought? Maybe Grandma. If only she were still alive. My Lost Summer is dedicated to her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home