Saturday, August 26, 2006

Grand Tetons National Park into Yellowstone

Sat 8 Sept [continued] - Into WY and Grand Tetons and parked at 1st spot for hiking – Granite Canyon – and hiked 1.5 mi in and 1.5 mi back. On the way back I felt tired and thought I might throw up. I thought I hadn’t given myself enough recovery time as I had worked out moderately hard this morning. [Although I hadn’t eaten in five hours, I] felt full – upset stomach.


[On our drive out of the park, we saw a mother brown bear with two babies. They were up in a tree eating berries and such, we guessed. The little ones were playing.] We stopped at a small mkt and bought chicken flavor Ramen noodles, a small cheddar cheese wheel, and a pint of strawberries [for me to eat throughout the day. At the motel] I changed into sweats and got into bed. I was cold. Mark went out to find tangerines for me, and a 40 oz for him. He woke me upon returning with tangelos but said he couldn’t find any beer. [This evening I was feeling a little better, and] we drove around the square and weren’t sure if this is Jackson or Jackson Hole. Mark dropped me off and went to do laundry.











Mon 10 Sept – No entry [yesterday]. Yesterday morning we drove to Moose Visitor Center [to meet guide for float trip on the Snake River. The company was Triangle X. Another couple sat at the meeting point on the Snake River, and I asked them what tour operator they went with to see if perhaps we’d be sharing a boat. But their operator was different from ours. I mistakenly told them, “We’re taking the Triple X tour. The man said, “I wish we were going on that one.” And I realized my error. It was pretty funny.]

[The Triangle X guide was terrible. The only things we got from the trip were some good photos and some sun. No knowledge about local geology or history, which is what a good guide gives you. After our float trip,] we drove up thru the Tetons to the SW side (Old Faithful) of Yellowstone.










[We expected thick forest on the drive in, but that wasn't the case. It turns out that most of Yellowstone burned in 1988.

We got to Old Faithful just minutes before it was due to erupt—and it was right on schedule.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home